Got family coming and going during the holiday season? Here’s a quick and easy lasagna to help feed the masses.
RECIPE: Quick Meat Lasagna
2 jars spaghetti sauce — I prefer Paul Newman’s Tomato Basil
1 lb ground beef
1 lb ground pork
16 oz ricotta cheese
1 cup shredded Italian blend cheese
salt & pepper
oregano & basil
- mix together ground pork and ground beef, salt & pepper to taste, cook till all meat is done. stir in jars of sauce.
- in a bowl mix together ricotta cheese, eggs, salt & pepper.
- coat a lasagna pan with spray pan. place cup and a half of meat sauce on the bottom. layer lasagna noodles across length of pan.
- add cup and 1/2 of ricotta cheese mix on top of noodles, spreading evenly. Layer lasagna noodles on top of ricotta.
- repeat layers. last layer top with remaining meat sauce and cover with shredded Italian cheese blend. Sprinkle top with a mixture of dried oregano & basil seasoning.
- bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Allow to set 5-8 minutes before cutting.