To say I love pancakes is the food understatement of the century. Pancakes are my soulmate.
My workplace has one of those 1950’s style cafeterias and every Thursday morning they serve pancakes. When the layoff vultures were circling this year, my first instincts were:
1) Holy crap.
2) Email the cafeteria for their pancake recipe.
They could take my job, but they couldn’t take my pancake joy. Thankfully, the layoff vultures flew away and I got to continue my Pancake Thursdays in the Crown Room cafeteria.
Out of gratitude, I started taking pancake portraits of all of Thursday breakfasts and posting them to Facebook. Just because a pancake has personality doesn’t mean I’m not going to eat it’s sweet, sweet face.
I am a Crown Room pancake expert. I can tell, by taste, when there’s someone different working the griddle. Yeah, it’s intense. I’ve decided the key ingredients to the fabulousness of these pancakes are: Gold N’Sweet pan spray and, of course, the buttermilk.
Behold– for prosperity’s sake–The Hallmark Cards Crown Room Pancake Recipe:
Canola Oil 2.72 Ounce
Milk Low Fat Buttermilk .5 Gal 1 Pound + 8 3/8 Ounce
Eggs Easy 2/20# 4.32 Ounce
Flour All Purpose Bulk 13.76 Ounce
Baking Powder .8 Ounce
Sugar Gran Bulk 1.28 Ounce
Salt .32 Ounce
Baking Soda .16 Ounce
- COMBINE ALL LIQUIDS IN MIXING BOWL: OIL, BUTTERMILK, AND EGGS.
- MIX TOGETHER DRY INGREDIENTS: FLOUR, BAKING POWDER, SALT, SUGAR AND SODA. 3. ADD DRY INGREDIENTS TO LIQUID. MIX UNTIL JUST MOIST.
- USING A LEVEL 8 OZ DIPPER MAKE ROUND PANCAKES–4 OZ COOKED WT.
- SPRAY PREHEATED HOT GRIDDLE WITH GOLD ‘N SWEET PAN SPRAY. FRY UNTIL GOLDEN BROWN ON BOTH SIDES.
Pancake On, People.