growing up lasagna was one of my favorite meals. i’ll eat any kind hot or cold leftovers. i was a cook once in an italian restaurant in one day i made 14 large lasagna for catering. after that making any form of the baked pasta feels like nothing. lasagna rolls however are a great quick fix when i’m wanting the real deal without all the work or quantity of a lasagna.
that night for dinner my friend alaina came over. we discussed our desire to eat only organic and all natural but how our tiny budgets don’t allow us to. my up-coming trip back home. what art projects we are working on, music projects of various friends and then we spent the rest of the night playing with the cats. we are both crazy cat girls.
RECIPE—Spinach Lasagna Rolls
1 box lasagna noodles – cook 1/2 the box
1 small container ricotta cheese
2 cups spinach leaves
1/2 onion chopped
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 jar pasta sauce
1. in a bowl mix together ricotta cheese, onion and spinach. place 2 tbspns of cheese -spinach mixture on to a cooked lasagna noodle, spread mixture out onto the noodle evenly. starting at one end of the noodle roll the noodle up.
2. in a baking dish spread 1/2 the jar of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of the dish. place lasagna rolls on end in baking dish. top with remaining sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. bake at 350 for 30 minutes
One thought on “sunday night dinner: july 10, 2011—spinach lasagna rolls”
1) i like how they are standing up.
2) they remind me of mom’s lasagna rolls, which i haven’t had for a really long, long time :>
3) they make me smile and my heart twing just seeing them.