2 cups white bread flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 oz fresh yeast (i just used instant)
4 Tbsp lukewarm water
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 Tbsp plain yogurt
2-3 Tbsp melted butter
1. sift the flour and salt together into large bowl. in smaller bowl cream the yeast with the milk let stand 15 minutes
2. add the yeast mixture, oil, yogurt, and egg to the flour and mix to a soft dough
3. turn out the dough on to a lightly floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes until smooth and elastic. place in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with oiled clear film and leave to rise for 45 minutes or doubled in bulk.
4. preheat over to its highest setting at least 450 F place 3 baking sheets in the oven to heat
5. turn the dough out on to a lightly floured surface and knock back. divide into 3 equal pieces and shape into balls.
6. cover two of the balls of dough with oiled clear film and roll out third into a teardrop shape (thinner the better)
7. preheat grill (i used my griddle) to hot. meanwhile place naan on the hot baking sheets for 3-4 minutes bake until puffed up.
8. remove naan from oven and place on griddle for a few seconds till top is slightly browned. wrap cooked naan in dish towel to keep warm, serve warm with melted butter brushed on top.